WHAT IS SECONDS STOCK?
Seconds Stock for sale at Big Music includes pre-owned musical instruments and items with minor defects or imperfections that make them unsuitable for sale as "new" products, but are still functional and playable. These defects can include scratches, dents, scuffs, or other cosmetic flaws.
Some Seconds Stock items are sold as new (including ex-showroom display models) and come with a 3 month manufacturer's warranty, however the warranty excludes any defect or imperfections disclosed at the time of sale. These items may be unboxed or lack their original packaging.
Pre-owned items do not come with a manufacturer's warranty, however Big Music offers a 30 Day return period. With all returns, restocking and shipping fees may apply.
While they may not be new or in perfect condition, Seconds Stock can be a good option for customers looking to save money on a product that is fully functional and playable.
SECOND STOCK GRADING SCALE
Firstly, we categorise Seconds Stock into one of 3 categories:
- New (factory seconds)
- Ex-Showroom (includes ex-demo, floor stock and shop-soiled items)
- Pre-Owned (trade-ins and consignment sales)
Each instrument is then carefully assessed by Big Music's expert team and graded on the following scale:
- In perfect condition, free of any visible defects or imperfections but may lack original packaging
- Minor imperfections that are hard to detect and have not required repair
- Minor imperfections that are visible and may have been professionally repaired
- A few imperfections that are visible and/or show obvious signs of being repaired
We do not sell any items that are below a "Good" standard, including anything with significant damage or unplayable condition.