1959 STRATOCASTER w/ GOLD HARDWARE NOS VINTAGE BLONDE LIMITED EDITION
Model Number: 923 5001 093
2019 SUMMER EVENT GUITARS - CUSTOM BUILT
The Inspiration: Mary Kaye
The unique white guitar Kaye is seen with in the photo was actually the first custom Fender Stratocaster ever produced – a sort of forerunner to today’s Custom Shop models. Assembled in 1956, the guitar was the first model Fender issued in this particular color scheme.
Although Kaye continued to wield D'Angelicos in her Vegas act, the image of her with the guitar was syndicated worldwide via ads in musicians’ magazines. And while Kaye never actually owned the guitar, the photo wasn't the only time she was seen using it.
Fender president Don Randall loaned Kaye the guitar again for the Mary Kaye Trio's appearance in the film Cha Cha Cha Boom! Images of Kaye with the guitar were circulated in movie posters and lobby cards promoting the 1956 musical, in which Kaye appears as herself.
- Excerpt from Cult Classic: The 'Mary Kaye' Stratocaster, Fender.com, by Alex Baker
- NOS Lacquer Finish
- Lightweight 2-Piece Select Ash Body
- 3.54kg - in the sweet spot
- 1-Piece Tinted AAA Birdseye Maple Neck
- Large "C" Back-Shape
- 9.5" Radius
- 21 6105 Frets;
- Hand-Wound Fat 50's Strat Pickups with RWRP Middle Pickup
- 5-Way Switch
- Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- 1-Ply Eggshell Pickguard
- Gold Hardware Vintage Strat Bridge
- Vintage-Style Tuning Machines; Bone Nut
- Wing String Tree
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity